Do I need a website?
Yes, absolutely! Every business should have at least a basic presence on the web.
Everyone, from existing and potential customers, employees, investors and partners, should be able to easily find out about your business online. Even if you think that your service or product can't be sold online, people need to easily find basic information on your products and services.
Don't make the mistake of having an unprofessional looking website, it will look tacky and won't make a good first impression. It may even damage your businesses reputation.
Get it done right the first time.
Keep your business working around the clock.
Websites are one of the most effective ways of presenting your business to potential clients and customers. Websites are working for you day and night, giving your business around the clock exposure.
Cuttlefish Design can build your website to meet your business objectives and budget.
From simple one page sites to fully automated sites with content management systems, Cuttlefish Design can work to your requirements.
What's involved in building a website?
Websites consist of three basic elements:
- Web pages
- Web address
- Web hosting
At Cuttlefish Design, we can help you with all three elements for a great looking, dynamic, functional website.
All websites include
The features listed below are standard on all websites.
Cuttlefish Design can create a great looking, functional website design for your business.
A well designed website will fit into your marketing strategy, build on your brand awareness and ultimately, attract more customers.
Content Management System (CMS)
All websites come with a content management system that allows you to login and update information as often as you like.
Making updates is as easy as logging into your website, adding content, clicking update and logging out.
Changes are reflected immediately.
Allow users to register their details on your website.
Registration can be private (approval required), public (instant access) or verified (requires a valid email).
Good for collecting user information (email list for your newsletter etc) and setting up user roles.
Using role based security, any (or all) of the pages on your website can be secure.
Only registered users can login and view certain areas of your website, dependant on which security role a user belongs to.
Great for membership websites, user specific info & confidential info.
Powerful search function allows users to search your site to find information.
Great if you have a large website with lots of information.
Note: Your website may not require some of the features listed depending on your needs.
Different businesses require different features for their websites.
Here are a few extra features and functionalities that Cuttlefish Design has produced for clients.
Homepage = $660
Every page thereafter = $125
Extras such as e-commerce, flash banners, image galleries, forms etc are worked out on a job-by-job basis. These are additional to the standard pricing.
Web address = $50 per year
E.g. www.mywebsite.com.au. Registered under your name and managed by Cuttlefish Design.
Hosting & email
Website Hosting = $300 per year
- 5 email accounts e.g. email@example.com
1 GB disk space
All prices include GST
What type of website and database do I have?
Newer websites are constructed using the DotNetNuke content management system with a MSSQL 2008 R2 database.
Where is my website hosted?
Cuttlefish Design is a hosting reseller. All websites are hosted in Perth on the most up to date servers from Microsoft.
Can I move my website to another host?
Yes. However you will need to check that your new host has the right hosting specifications and that they are capable of moving the website over to their server from a website backup. Cuttlefish Design will not set up your website on another server or provide any external support in the transfer process.
Can I access the server control panel?
No. Access to the server control panel is not permitted under any circumstances.
Can I get a backup of my website and database?
Yes. You can request an entire backup of your website and database at any time, within reason.
Can I have full administrator privileges to my website?
No. Full administrator access is not permitted. You will be able to edit your existing website but you cannot create/delete pages.
Is there a maximum amount of traffic I can have to my website?
In normal circumstances no. But there is a 'fair use' policy and Cuttlefish Design reserves the right to bill for excess data usage.
How much disk space do I have?
All new websites have 1 GB of space.
Cuttlefish Design strives to maintain a high level of service and network stability, however;
- Cuttlefish Design and/or third party suppliers may from time to time perform routine maintenance which may result in loss of service, including hosting and email services.
- Cuttlefish Design services may encounter outages, both within and beyond our control, especially during times of changing or altering hosting, email and domain name configuration settings.
- Cuttlefish Design, at our discretion provide notification of outages whether planned or unplanned.
- You release us from any claim or potential claim with relation to outages and any loss of business/service suffered by you or any third party.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all information, software, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind, from Cuttlefish Design and/or third party suppliers.
- Cuttlefish Design is not liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of Cuttlefish Design or third party hosting or email services.